Payment and Confirmation: Payment in full is due at the time of booking. You will receive a receipt & booking confirmation to the e-mail address associated with the booking. Check-in instructions and other good to know information will be included for your convenience.
MASTERCARD | VISA | DISCOVER
AMERICAN EXPRESS | TRAVELERS CHECKS
(All payments must be US Currency)
All cancellations must be in writing.
We highly recommend travelers’ insurance to all our customers.
AnAn: Cancellations: A $16/person fee and any other service charge assessed from the USFS will be added to our standard cancellation policies.
Name Changes: $16/person fee and any other service charge assessed to us from the USFS will be added to reservation.
60+ days: A full refund will be given up to 60 days prior to tour date.
60-30 days: Cancellations made 60-30 days prior to tour date will be 50% refundable.
Less than 30 days: No refunds are available.
Weather & Travel: Cancellations due to weather or travel complications, prohibiting clients from arriving in Wrangell, will follow our standard cancellation policy.
Please contact Alaska Waters for extenuating circumstances.
In the rare event that Alaska Waters, Inc. cancels a tour prior to departure and guests cannot be rescheduled, a full refund will be granted
- Check-in 15 minutes before departure time at Alaska Waters’ Tour Desk & Gift Store in the Stikine Inn, located off City Dock on the waterfront downtown. 107 Stikine Ave in Wrangell, Alaska 99929.
- AnAn guests MUST HAVE PHOTO ID to present at the AnAn trailhead.
- Guests will receive a boat or bus pass depending upon the tour. Guests will be required to sign a Responsibility Waiver.
- Boat Tours – When the captain is ready for passengers, guests will be escorted from our Tour Desk to City Dock’s summer float (approximately 5 minutes prior to departure time).
- Bus Tours – Guests will be escorted to the bus or van.
AnAn Bear & Wildlife Observatory expectations:
- Always follow guide’s directions
- No food or scented items (gum, flavored water, etc.)
- No loud noises or disturbances
- No running or sudden movements
AnAn Observatory Minimum Age Policy:
- The standard minimum age for our AnAn Bear & Wildlife Observatory Tour is 12 years.
- However, there are exceptions based on the youth in question. We request that parents evaluate their kids, as we’ve seen many kids that could abide by our expectations and many that could not.
- Disturbances can create difficult and dangerous situations. Although the bears are accustomed to human presence on the trail and at the observation deck, these close encounters with large predators remain serious and must be treated as such. Experiences, such as these, are very controlled and our guides are more than capable. We do not wish to alarm guests, we just want to make it clear what guests should expect and why this policy is in place.
AnAn Trail Disclaimer:
- AnAn Bear & Wildlife Observatory Tour will disembark in a tidal area. There are large and, at times, slippery rocks to traverse before guests reach AnAn trailhead.
- Guests will walk the 5/8 mile trail under the following conditions: The trail itself is a narrow boardwalk without hand rails, including sets of stairs, that covers the diverse and sometimes uneven landscape. The land often forms in slight hills on the sides of the trail, which may be a concern for those with a fear of heights. This trail is rated as Moderately Difficult.
- Although guests are escorted to AnAn by Alaska Waters Guides, these guides are there specifically to manage bear interactions. In no circumstance can our guides assist guests in walking the trail.
- Passengers weighing in excess of 300 lbs. must be allocated two seats and charged an additional 50% of the normal tour price.
- Tour itineraries may vary dependent upon wind, weather, tide conditions & captain discretion. Tour departure times are subject to change.
Alaska Waters, Inc. reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone.